The Westport Area
Approach Westport from the North - East through the magnificent Buller Gorge and from the South via the breathtaking coast road.
Set at the mouth of the mighty Buller River, Westport lies between the Paparoa Mountains and the Tasman Sea.
Wide, desolate beaches and native bush abounds. Enjoy the magnificent sunsets over the sea.
Enjoy your stay at Buller Court
- Relax in the garden with a book or use our free wifi to check emails
- Barbecue the evening meal in the garden
- Let us do your laundry while you enjoy some retail therapy
- Stroll to cafés, galleries and bars.
- Take a walk through the domain and along the Buller river.
- Arrange a round of golf at Kawateri Links
- Enjoy the Kawatiri Walkway, starting at the Yacht club parking area.
- Raining? Choose a DVD from our library or check out the films showing at the NBS Theatre. Visit Coaltown Museum or have a swim at Solid Energy Centre!
So many things to do within 10-30mins drive...
- Visit the seal colony - you'll love it!
- Ride the Nile River rainforest train.
- Float through a cave on a tube and view glow worms
- Join an Outwest Tour for an off-road adventure!
- Visit the Denniston Plateau where you can see how the early mining settlers lived and worked.
- Try fishing off the wharf, beaches or river
- Wander the vast, wild beaches
Make a day of it...
- The Mackley Tour offers an exciting day into genuine widernesss areas of rugged terrain, river crossings, deep gorges and waterfalls.
- 45 minutes south takes you to the rainforest walk of Trumans track, to Punakaiki and the blowholes. Afterwards, you can have lunch and a cup of coffee and walk a deserted beach.
- Head north to Karamea, take the magical walk to the magnificent limestone arches, cisit the caves and try out the first part of the Heapy Track. Unforgettable!